The Service is an online financial literacy tool provided by Banqer. In order to provide the Service, Banqer may collect some personal information about you. Personal information is information that can be used to personally identify you, such as your name, address, telephone number and email address.
Kinds of personal information we collect:
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- If you are a teacher: Full name, title, email address, school and classroom name. We may also collect additional information generated by your use of the Services, including the state of learning modules and your user preferences;
- If you are a student: Full name, year level and your gender (if provided). We may also collect personal information generated by your use of the Services, such as transactional information, test results from quizzes and your behaviour while using the Services;
- If you are a parent or legal guardian: If enabled by the teacher, you may be linked to your child’s Banqer account to review their progress. For purposes of enabling this functionality, we may collect your full name and email address from your child’s teacher;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly or indirectly through use of our Website or the Services, through our representatives or otherwise; and
- information you provide to us through our service centre, customer surveys or our representatives from time to time./li>
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our Website or Services.
Collection of personal information:
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
- through your access and use of our Website;
- during conversations between you and our representatives; or
- when you use the Services.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
- If you are a student: from your teacher; and
- If you are a parent or legal guardian: from your child’s teacher.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide the Services to you (either to the same standard or at all);
- we may not be able to provide you with information about Services that you may want; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our Website or Services to your preferences and your experience using these may not be as enjoyable or useful.
Use of personal information:
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions (such as providing you with the Services) and to provide the best quality of customer service.
The personal information provided by you to us is collected, and may be used, for:
- providing or improving the Service (including processing or responding to any request or complaint made by you);
- monitoring Website usage and compliance with any contracts you have entered into with us;
- carrying out internal research and development;
- providing information to you about additional products or services that may be of interest to you (including direct marketing);
- if you are either a teacher or an Institution on a Sponsored Plan: providing billing details (names and email addresses) of users accessing the Service under that plan to Banqer’s sponsorship partner, for auditing purposes only; or
- compliance with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country.
In addition to any circumstances allowing us to use or disclose personal information under the Privacy Laws, we may use or disclose your personal information where reasonably necessary to investigate any complaint or to protect your, our or another person’s rights or safety.
Disclosure of personal information::
We may disclose your information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operating of our Website, our business or the Services, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide the Services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT system administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators and professional advisors (such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants);
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships (such as our sponsorship partners) for internal business audits. Aggregate and anonymised data may also be provided for marketing campaigns and related purposes; and
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
Collecting and use of aggregate User Data and User Submissions:
You agree that we may retain and aggregate User Data and User Submissions, including your User Data and User Submissions, for marketing purposes and may provide aggregate User Data and User Submissions to third parties, provided that such use does not enable the identification of any individual, i.e. is anonymised. If you are acting on behalf of someone else as an agent for the purposes of the Privacy Laws, you agree to ensure that you collect, use, hold and process any User Data and User Submission in accordance with your obligations under the Privacy Laws.
International storage of User Data and User Submissions:
You agree that we may store User Data and User Submissions (including any personal information) in secure servers overseas, for example the United States, and may access User Data and User Submissions (including personal information) in countries such as the United States and New Zealand, from time to time.
- you must immediately notify us; and
From time to time we may test new features and make subtle changes to the way the Service is presented. When we are testing new features, cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience while using the Service, whilst also ensuring we understand which changes our users appreciate the most.
Accessing or updating your personal information:
You have the right to access and request correction of any personal information that we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions (for example, where disclosure would interfere with the privacy of others or breach confidentiality). If you believe any information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request that it be amended.
Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with a suitable means of accessing it (for example, by emailing it to you).
We may charge a fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. We will not charge you for simply making a request.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to request access to or update your personal information.
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us on email@example.com and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
Please make this request in writing. We will attempt to confirm with you as appropriate and necessary your understanding of the conduct relevant to the complaint and what you expect as an outcome. We will inform you whether we will conduct an investigation and who will handle the investigation process.
After we have completed our investigation, we will contact you to advise the outcome and invite a response to our conclusions about the complaint. If we receive a response from you, we will assess it and advise if we have changed our view.
Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
|If you are domiciled in:||the governing law is the law of:||and we and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of:|
|Australia||New South Wales, Australia||New South Wales and the Commonwealth of Australia|
|New Zealand or any other country not listed above||New Zealand||New Zealand|